Pothos | Golden Pothos | Epipremnum Aureum
- Pothos symbolizes perseverance, wealth, good fortune, longevity, protection, and victory over enemies.
- Rid your home of negative or stagnant energy.
- Determination and the concept of eternal life
- Associated with the Greek God Pothos (Pothus). He was the God of sexual longing, yearning and desire. He was one of the winged love-Gods known as Erotes. The three Erotes--Pothos, Himeros and Eros--were often depicted together in Greek vase painting.
- Considered rare
- Extremely low-maintenance, easy to grow, and recommended indoor plant especially for beginners.
- Slow growing pothos
- According to the NASA Clean Air Study, it is a powerful air purifier.
- Filtering out indoor air pollutants- benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene
Botanical Name: Epipremnum aureum
Other names: Golden Pothos
Plant Type: Tropical vine plant.
Exposure to Sunlight: Moderate, indirect exposure but has low light tolerance.
Soil Type: Well-draining standard soil, tolerable to any type of soil.
Color: Lime to dark green
Water: Moderate, accepts dry out soil within next waters.
Favorable Climate: Tropical Climate
Preferable Fertilizer: Balanced liquid houseplant fertilizer if the soil doesn’t have added fertilizer.
Propagation: Stem cuttings
Height: 10 feet indoors while it can grow 30 feet in the wild
Origin: French Polynesia