Community Ose Message-01-17-2023
Community Ose Message
As our website continues to be upgraded, we will use this page to display the Ose Message.
Ose days are considered the most sacred day of Ifa, this is the day all the Orisas are listening. It is the best day to pray to the Orisas as a community and individually.
Ose Cycle #153
Ose Day Cycle Schedule
Personal Ose Days
Saturday, January 21
Wednesday, January 25
Sunday, January 29
Next Community Ose
Thursday, February 2 at 7:00 PM
What are Personal Ose Days?
There are 3 Ose days every Ose cycle. They are every 4 days (5 if you count traditionally the day of the previous Ose as day 1).
Personal Ose Days are days during the Ose cycle that we observe in our own home. It is intended for us to get together with our family, loved ones, or by ourselves to pray and reflect on the Ose Message.
Ose Reflection Questions
Some reflection questions to consider:
- Message: What is the Odu? What was the Ose Message (read the entire message)? How does it relate to my life? Have I been experiencing any of the message, what are some examples?
- Taboos: What are the taboos? Have I been following the taboos? Which taboos are easiest to follow and why? Which taboos are the most challenging to follow and why? What was the environment like or what happened when I experienced the taboo? What was the environment like or what happened when I avoided the taboo?
- Recommendations: This a great day to do the recommendations. What are the recommendations? Have I completed the recommendations? When will I complete the recommendations?
- Alignment: Do I feel aligned with the message? If I do feel aligned, what examples do I have that make me feel aligned? If I do not feel aligned, what can I do to get aligned?
For this Ose Cycle, we will be following the guidance of Otura-Iwori. We performed one Ebo, the contribution amount is $12. Thank you to everyone who attended, sent their name and/or donated to the Community Ose. Next Community Ose is Thursday, February 02 at 7:00 PM.
If you would like to contribute by submitting your name to be included in the ebo prayer or donate with a credit or debit card you can do so by clicking the button. If you are unable to submit before the start of the ebo, that is ok. Submissions are accepted until 11:59 pm the night before the last Personal Ose Day in the Ose Cycle. Submissions received after the Ebo is completed, will be included in the prayers of the Personal Ose Ceremony that the Temple performs.
The sturdy man as strong as the Ogun of the main road
Ifa’s message for Olukoso lalu
Bambi who has 200 pebbles to claim victory
When he was in the midst of enemies
He was advised to offer ebo
Before long, not too far
Join us in the midst of all ire of life
Ifa advises us to appease Sango in order to overcome enemies and adversary.
EBO ACCEPTANCE MESSAGE
- Should not use any part of elephant and buffalo for anything (except the horn of buffalo as Oya icon)
- Should not use his/her Ori to pray for anyone
- Should not show infidelity or promiscuity
- Should not disrespect elders or be greedy towards them
- Should not eat, plant, sell or keep water yam
- Should not underestimate anyone for any reason
- Should not be miserly or doubtful of Ifa’s prediction
- Should not promise anyone what he/she cannot do
- Should not go to watch any drama or performance outside
- Should not tell lies
- Should not allow a woman to push him into doing abominable
- Should not go to any party or ceremony without asking Ifa first
- Should not brag over anything
- Should not use the blue turacco and the maroon turacco for anything
- Should not consume the land snail
- Should not pay good with evil
- Should not drink and drive, to avoid problem with the justice
TEMPLE EJI-ELEMERE LIFETIME TABOOS
Baba Irete Meji
- Should not pay evil with evil to avoid the multiplication of evil and disaster
- Should not use eéran grass (finger grass) for anything to avoid contention with Elders of the Night
- Should not use owl for anything to avoid contention with Elders of the Night
- Should not engage in sole proprietorship business (run a business alone) to avoid unconsummated fortune
- Partners should not have the same skill as you. Each partner should be unique in what they contribute to the business. We thrive in diversity.
- Should not use not harm squirrels
- Should not harm monkeys
- Should not involve others in what they know nothing about to avoid humiliation and disgrace
- Should not eat crab to avoid prolonged problems
- Should not eat pig (pork, ham, sausage, pepperoni, chorizo)
- Should not touch your forehead to the ground.
- Do not kneel on or use a straw mat (estera)
- This Odu speaks of problems with memory, eyesight, and the stomach.
- This Odu warns us not to be stubborn, disobedient, and boastful to avoid losses. For those who choose to not heed the warning only Orunmila will be able to save them.
- If you are a person who considers themselves strong, do not abuse your power and abuse those that are weaker than you. Because those who you abuse today will unite with others and seek revenge in the future.
- This Odu tells us to mind our own business and not to spread rumors. The gossip will ruin our homes.
- Gossip and misunderstandings within the home may cause you or another to leave the home.
- We should not surround ourselves with people who gossip and misunderstand us, getting away from them will lead to a happy life.
- We should not act rash, as all good things are on the way.
- During this time, we should not accept the first offer that we are offered.
- During this time we may get good news from outside of our community (home, work, etc.).